The Great Rann of Kutch is a seasonal salt marsh located in the Thar Desert in the Kutch District of Gujarat, India and the Sindh province of Pakistan. It is about 7,505.22 square kilometres (2,897.78 sq mi) in size and is reputed to be one of the largest salt deserts in the world. This area has been inhabited by the Kutchi people.
City of tents during Rann Utsav
The Government of Gujarat hosts an annual 3 month long festival during winter called the "Rann Utsav festival of the Rann" where tourists can see the various sights of the Rann. For 2016, rann utsav- starts from 1 November 2016. Rann Utsav gives visitors not only a chance to experience full moon on salt deserts but also get a taste of the local culture, cuisine and hospitality. Specially built local houses are also used to house tourists to give them a taste of local traditions Many adventure clubs and travel clubs organize expeditions.
The unique handicrafts of Kutch are world famous. A lot of women and young girls make their living by selling different types of embroidered cloths. The embroidery is of various styles such as Rabari, Ahir, Sindhi, Banni, Mutwa, Ari and Soof - and some styles include mirror or bead inlay.
Check In Time: 12:30 PM and onwards
Transfers from Bhuj to Tent city Dhordo :
On fixed timings :
- 08:15 AM From Railway Station Bhuj
- 10:30 AM From Railway Station / Airport Bhuj
- 02:30 PM From Railway Station Bhuj
- 03:30 PM From Airport Bhuj
And Individual Transfers (on chargeable basis). No transfers will be available after above timing. Allotment of tent to guest arriving before check-in time will be subject to availability.
- 7:00 PM to 07:30 PM - Return Transfer to Tent City Dhordo.
- 7:30 PM to 10:00 PM- Dinner at respective Dining Area
- 8:30 PM to 10:30 PM- Enjoy the Culture of Kutch along with entertaining activities.
- 06:00 AM to 06:30 AM Morning Tea
- 06:30 AM to 07:00 AM Transfer to White Rann to Witness the grandeur of Sunrise
- 07:30 AM to 10:00 AM Breakfast at respective Dining Area
- 09:00AM to 08:00 PM Optional Chargeable Tour (This may be booked along with package.)
01. MandviBeach Tour Kutch Mandvi is an important beach famous among travelers for peace and solitude. Mandvi has beautiful white sand, serene locales and enchanting sunset views. Dist. from Tent City is approx. 140 kms one way, which takes approx. 2.5 hr.
02. Indo-Pak Border Get the feel of how our BSF Jawans guard the border. Dist. From tent city is approx 160 kms. With a travel rime around 3 hrs.
Guests opting for optional tour will miss complimentary tour to Gandhi Nu Gaam & Kala Dungar as scheduled below.
- 10:00 AM to 12:30 PM Enjoy in-house activities.
- 12:30PM to 02:30 PM Lunch at respective Dining Area
- 02:30 PM to 07:30 PM Complimentary Tour to Kala Dungar [Black Hill] Kala Dungar is the highest point in Kutch. On the route visit to Handicraft Village "Gandhi Nu Gaam" Tea/Coffee shall be provided at Kala Dungar Complimentary Refreshment in bus.
- 7:30 PM to 10:00 PM Dinner at Respective Dining Area
- 8:30 PM to 10:30 PM Enjoy the Culture of Kutch along with entertaining activities
- 06:00 AM to 07:00 AM Morning Tea.
- 07:30 AM to 10:00 AM Breakfast at Respective Dining Area
- 09:30 AM Check out from Tent City
- 09:30 AM to 10:30 AM Departure to Bhuj with a complimentary sight-seeing places of interest in Bhuj. Like Sri Swami Narayan Temple, Aina Mahal, Prag Mahal, Bhujodi [Handicraft Village & Craft Park]